In this section
We have a sound understanding of the two statutes that control the insurance industry and aspects of insurance policies within South Africa, namely the Short-term Insurance Act 53 of 1998 “SITA”) and the Long-term Insurance Act 52 of 1998 “LITA”.
MBA Incorporated has the following expertise:
- Assisting clients with advice regarding insurance policies and the protection of their rights therein
- Assisting client with advice regarding indemnity insurance in terms of SITA
- Assisting clients with advice regarding non-indemnity insurance in terms of LITA
- Assisting clients with advice regarding the Policy holding Protection Rules enacted by the Minister
- Litigation in the High Court of South Africa
- Reviewing Insurance Policies
- Rendering Legal Opinions regarding the existence of an insurable interest and the obligation to pay compensation, to name a few.
- Assisting client with their submission to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance