In this section
Compliance and Regulatory Law
MBA Incorporated has extensive expertise in providing clients with legal advice pertaining to their operations and ensuring that such operations are congruent with applicable laws.
In this regard, we pride ourselves on being at the forefront of providing our clients with up-to-date and reliable information relating to legislation, ensuring that they successfully meet any challenges in their respective industries and adopt creative solutions in ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and legislative prescripts.
Our services in this area include the following:
- Drafting standards, policies and procedures that are in line with legislation
- Reviewing the standards, policies and procedures of our clients in order to ensure their compliance with relevant legislation
- Providing our clients with information relating to developments in in the law relevant to the industry in which they operate and which are therefore relevant to their business operations
- Legislative drafting
- Drafting complex compliance matrices in line with relevant legislation
- Updating complex compliance matrices in line with amended legislation
- Assisting clients in ensuring their policies, procedures and operations are congruent with relevant legislation.
- Providing legal opinions and providing legal advice on a wide range of topics relating to compliance and regulatory law
- Providing advice to clients on the lawful processing of personal information
- Providing advice on the interpretation of relevant legislation
- Providing advice on the privacy of data in relation to Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 and related international laws, codes and practices
- Advising clients on the legislation and legal/legislative prescripts with which they are required to comply
- Instituting litigation on behalf of clients where there has been data privacy breaches
- Appearing before relevant regulatory bodies on behalf of clients
- Preparing and submitting Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 requests on behalf of clients to public and private bodies.