Administrative, Regulatory and Constitutional Law
Sharlyn was part of a team that successfully:
- filed and prosecuted a complaint with the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa’s Complaints and Compliance Committee on behalf of Transnet SOC Limited against a telecommunications giant for breaching the mobile number portability regulations.
Opposed a review application launched against Transnet SOC Limited by one telecommunications giant in respect of the award of a tender by Transnet SOC Limited to another telecommunications giant.
- Launched an urgent interdict application against a telecommunications giant with the High Court of South Africa, Gauteng Local Division.
She has compiled legal opinions related to administrative, regulatory and constitutional law for entities such as Transnet SOC Limited, Liquid Telecoms (Pty) Ltd and the Films and Publications Board
Corporate and Commercial Law
Sharlyn has led a team(s) in:
- Preparing due diligence reports and commercial transaction documents for entities looking to merge with or acquire other entities.
- Studying various pieces of legislation applicable to the instructing client in order to prepare compliance matrix documents and compliance universe documents for all instructing client departments.
- Conducting compliance workshops for and on behalf of instructing clients.
She has drafted, reviewed and augmented key service delivery master service agreements, contracts, terms of reference, policies, charters, request for proposals for both private and public entities such as Liquid Telecoms (Pty) Ltd, Accenture (Pty) Ltd and RH Bophelo Limited.
Sharlyn has prepared extensive corporate and commercial law related legal opinions for companies such as Air Liquide (Pty) Ltd and One Connect Technologies (Pty) Ltd to name a few.
Individual and aspiring entrepreneurs have also been assisted on a consultancy basis in respect of starting up a company and lodging the necessary documents with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission.
Labour and Employment Law
Sharlyn has been actively involved in prosecuting disciplinary hearings on behalf of companies such as the Gauteng Enterprise Propeller, PEP Stores MICT SETA and Broadband Infraco SOC Limited.
She has been engaged by various entities to assist in providing legal oversight and guidance regarding intended company re-organisations.
Assisting corporate clients with collective bargaining is one of her strongest areas in labour law. She was part of a team that successfully launched an urgent application on behalf of Broadband Infraco SOC Limited to interdict threatened strike action. The interdicting of the strike action eventually led to a mutually beneficial resolution of issues.
She has produced numerous labour law related opinions for the aforestated entities as well as the Media Diversity Development Agency.
Dispute Resolution & Litigation
Sharlyn has been involved in a number of matters across the administrative, constitutional, regulatory, commercial and labour law disciplines that require immense dispute resolution and litigation skills. In this field, Sharlyn has assisted both individual and corporate clients.
Whilst many matters have been successfully settled as per client request, there have been some matters that have had to be resolved through litigation. Sharlyn has been part of teams that have successfully litigated at the Magistrates Court, the High Courts, Labour Court and the Labour Appeal Court.